Questions Your Dental Marketing Agency Should be Answering for You
When you choose to work with an agency to achieve your marketing objectives, you’re putting the future of your dental practice in its hands. But while you don’t need to be an expert in SEO and Google Ads in order to benefit from them, the company you’re working with should be communicating with you regularly to review your practice’s performance and answer important questions regarding that performance (and all other aspects of your current marketing strategy).
Not all digital marketing agencies are equal, and if your agency isn’t able to answer the questions we discuss below, you might want to find one that does! The success of your dental practice depends on it.
How Well is Your Website Performing?
One of the biggest digital marketing objectives for any business is to have a top-performing website. But how can you tell if your practice’s website is performing well? When you work with a marketing agency, they should be giving you 24/7 access to clear, detailed reports that provide all the key stats you need to gauge your website’s performance.
These stats/metrics include:
- How many people are visiting your website each day, week, and month
- How much time people are spending on your website
- Where your website currently ranks on Google’s first search results page
- How many phone calls you’re receiving via click-to-call buttons on your website
- How many appointments are being made through your website (# of completed forms)
The experts you’re working with should be able to help you interpret your data and determine just how successful your current marketing strategy is. They should also be able to offer explanations if your website isn’t performing well, and show you what can be done to turn things around.
What Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Do You Need to be Looking At?
To see how your dental practice is performing, there are several KPIs your marketing agency should be showing you.
- Total production: How much is your practice producing each day, week, month, quarter, and year? Has production increased or decreased? Your dental marketing agency needs to show you the data, help you make sense of it, and work with you to update your marketing strategy if you’re not experiencing enough (or any) growth.
- Percentage of patients with appointments scheduled: Growth is hard to achieve if your patients aren’t setting appointments. For healthy, sustained growth, dental practices should have approximately 98% of their active patients currently scheduled with them. If a patient isn’t scheduled with you, you could be at risk of losing them.
- Average production per patient/new patient: Is your average production per patient and new patient going up? If not, why? Your marketing agency should be able to answer these questions clearly, and offer suggestions to help you increase production on both fronts to help your practice grow.
- Number of new patients at your practice: Has your practice been able to bring in more new patients? New patients often spend more than established patients, and they can account for up to 90% of a practice’s revenue.
What Improvements Can be Made to Your Current Marketing Strategy?
Your agency partner should be able to help you meet or exceed your marketing objectives. If something isn’t working and your practice is losing money and patients, a dental marketing agency that cares about your success will sit down with you to discuss all your pain points and help you work towards a solution. Maybe you need to invest more in pay-per-click advertising to increase brand awareness, or turn some of your focus to email campaigns. Regardless of what you need to do, the company you’re working with should be capable of laying out a plan that your practice can implement, and they should be able to back up their recommendations with data to prove that they work.
Is Your Digital Marketing Agency Playing a Role in Your Success?
Was your dental practice already on the up-and-up before you signed on with an agency, or do you owe much of your current success to their services and support? To help you keep up with your numbers, your dental marketing company should be giving you unhindered access to the latest data. They should be able to walk you through all your metrics and KPIs and help you compare current performance to past performance. Is there a correlation between their efforts and your practice’s growth? If there is, then you know you’ve invested wisely. If there isn’t, you need to find out why. Don’t be afraid to ask.
Are You Unsatisfied with Your Dental Marketing Company?
Marketing is never one-size-fits-all. If you and your current marketing company aren’t on the same page or getting you the results you want, maybe it’s time to look elsewhere. The success of your business and your complete satisfaction should always be top priorities. At InTouch, nothing makes us happier than seeing our clients succeed. We value honesty, integrity, and consistent communication to ensure that your practice is getting the support it deserves.
To see what our experts can do for you, call (877) 493-9003.